
This year, I decided to make Lani's Costume because obviously, she wanted to be Pocahontas and I couldn't find anything that I liked. It actually turned out good enough that she was proud to wear it! Phew!!
First thing Halloween morning, we had to get all ready to go to Lani's school. They were having a Halloween Party in kindergarten and needed some help. Kiara and Lani were so excited to get their costumes on and show all their friends! When we got there, the children all looked so cute in their costumes and even the teachers were all dressed up and looked so great!

Mrs. Payne looked so cute in her which costume!
I helped the kids decorate their own cupcakes, which was the most fun of all the different stations. Those kindergartners were so careful and did such a great job!
I thought Kiara would have a hard time sitting still and want to leave, but she totally blended in with the other children and even joined in as they paraded around to all the other classrooms in the school!
She was so into the story that Mrs. Topham told...I think she even forgot that I was there for a while!

We sure had a great time at school! Thanks for inviting us, Mrs. Topham!
We then came home and had some lunch and a quick nap before heading to our ward's annual Halloween party. Gene and I were just put on the activities committee and so I had to go over early to do some last-minute decorating. It was fun with carnival games after dinner and then finally, the trick-or-treating at each classroom door of the church. People were all dressed up and had the doors decorated and one family even gave out those "Frazil" slushy drinks to everyone! We had a great time there and then headed home for trick-or-treating around our own little neighborhood. Trunk-or-treats are fun, but I don't know why, I just don't feel like it's Halloween unless we get to go from house to house on a dark night and here, people decorate so well that it gets you really in the spirit. Our kids came home with way too much candy and had way too much fun! It turned out to be a great Halloween!










5 comments:
Well, I'm a Halloween scrooge, if there is such thing, but I have to admit there's some pretty cute costumes people come up with for their kids. Like your little darlings! They looked so cute! I went up to the school to see my two foster kids walk in their parade, and I could hardly keep my eyes open. Three out of the four foster children had a terrible night the night before, and none of us got any sleep, so I was a real life zombie for halloween!
Charmaine,
Your family is so beautiful! I love the commentary along the side about each member of the family! And your blog is way cute! (I can't believe you have a great-grandchild, by the way).
GREAT Blog! I just saw your comment on mine, today. Your kiddos are darling! Love the halloween outfits.
That's great that you want to follow our blog, I will add your family to our list, too. :)
Grins,
Stephanie
I LOVE the costumes!! Sooo CUTE!
The girls are so cute in their outfits. I luv luv Noelani's Pocahontas costume! Were those boots the ones you got last time we seen you in Target? Too cute!
Post a Comment