.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Just Hanging out with Lani at school!

Yesterday was so much fun for me, I wound up spending the morning at Lani's school! I didn't know that this was possible, but her teacher has told all the parents that anytime we would like to come and spend time in her classroom, it is not only okay, but encouraged! So I showed up a little after school started and was able to sneak in and sit on the rug behind the class and listen to the story they were listening to! Her teacher then introduced me to all the children and the fun began. We got up and danced to music. The children were leaping, twirling, twisting, etc. Kindergarten is so much fun! It doesn't hurt that Lani has the best kindergarten teacher on the planet.

It happened to be picture day and I was able to help herd all of them into the gymn to be photographed. How cute are kindergarteners!? Their huge cheesy grins were so adorable! After that, the class was broken up into groups for more learning focusing on the alphabet. It seemed more like games than learning-so fun! During that time, as I was sitting on the rug with Lani's group and the cutest little blonde girl just decided to plop right down on my lap and make herself at home! Lani didn't really appreciate that much, but she tried to be nice about it.

I even got to go out for recess with the class. On the playgroung there was another adorable little girl that decided I should go with her down the slides. So, off went my shoes and down the slides we went! We did P.E. and everything! I had a wonderful time! I am so glad I was able to go and I hope to do it again soon and then periodically throughout the year. I know that Lani loved it, she still hasn't stopped thanking me!

2 comments:

Hopie said...

NOOOO!!!!! I can't tell you or I would have to kill you!!! I don't want to have to do that, you're cute and nice and there would probably be bleeding and that would just get messy. I'll let you know soon. Keep watching!!!

Hopie said...

Thanks for the support. I am proud of him. I'm still a little fuzzy in the head about this whole thing, but it's nice to be able to look at these comments when I'm having a bad day and remember all the ones that have faith in us and love us. Thank you!!!